On February 28, 2020, the Government issued Resolution 20/NQ-CP on the application of the export licensing regime for medical masks during the COVID–19 prevention and control period. Accordingly, provincial and municipal customs departments will be responsible for only implementing for medical masks exported by enterprises permitted by the Ministry of Health for international aid and assistance granted by the Vietnamese Government. Export volume must not exceed 25% of the output for exports, while the remaining 75% must be ensured for domestic use.

However, the export licensing regime is not applicable to enterprises specializing in the production of export goods that were granted investment certificates, and medical mask-processing enterprises for foreign traders that have signed processing contracts before March 1, 2020.

The Government assigned the Ministry of Health to assume the prime responsibility to coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the Ministry of Finance in issuing dossiers, processes and procedures for granting export licensing for medical masks during the COVID–19 prevention and control period, and instruct on standards for medical masks.

In addition, the General Department of Customs is assigned under the Ministry of Finance, to coordinate the supervision of the export of medical masks. Production facilities are responsible for reporting production capacity as per the request of the Ministry of Health.


DISCLAIMER

This LBN newsletter are NOT legal advice. Readers are advised to retain a qualified lawyer, should they wish to seek legal advice. VCI Legal are certainly among those and happy to be retained, yet VCI Legal is not to be hold responsible should any reader choose to interpret/apply the regulations after reading this LBN without engaging a qualified lawyer.